COLLEGE AND CAREER PATHWAYS PROGRAM (CCP)
The CCP Program is a regionally recognized option that enables students to receive community college credit while completing high school courses. The CCP Program is offered in various career cluster areas for students who wish to pursue coursework directly related to a specific career pathway. This program provides the benefit of earning community college credits in select career and technical education courses through a partnership with the community college system. West Hartford Public Schools is aligned with Capital Community College (CCC), but because the CCP Program is a regional program out-of-state universities and private colleges may also accept CCP Program credit. The purpose of this program is to encourage students to continue their post-secondary education while concentrating on a specific pathway interest. There is no fee required for participation and students do not have to attend CCC during their enrollment in the CCP Program. Upon completion of a CCP course or courses, students may request an official transcript directly from Capital Community College.
Students enrolled in this program are required to specialize in a technical area and take at least one course in that technical area.
Technical Course Areas
Choose one option from the 2 pathway areas:
1. Business & Finance course option (refer to the Business & Finance section of this booklet)
- Financial Literacy
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
2. Technology & Engineering course option (refer to the Technology & Engineering section)
- Game & Web Design
The following courses are also eligible for College Career Pathways credit, but must be accompanied by a CTE technical course during grades 10-12:
- Algebra II (L1 or L2)
- Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles
In order to register for the College Career Pathways Program students should:
- be in their sophomore, junior or senior year, as only enrolled 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students are eligible to earn Capital Community College credit for approved CCP courses
- meet with their school counselor to plan their CCP Program
- enroll in one of the technical courses listed in your sophomore, junior or senior year
- CCP Enrollment is due no later than October 1, 2021. Please use the following Enrollment Link to register safely and securely with the State's Community College System. Your enrollment in the program will then be shared with the CCP Coordinator and your high school Counselor upon completion.